April 21, 2011

Salem job & 9 month update

I have an exciting announcement…. After 6 ½ years with Peterkort I have given my notice. Starting May 3rd I will be the new Member Services Administrator at Valley Credit Union in South Salem. I will be at the front desk, greeting all the members when they come in and pointing them in the right direction, answering the phones & any questions as well as providing administrative support to all of the executives upstairs. I am excited for this new experience & there is a lot of potential for growth. Not only will I now have company provided medical insurance but we won’t have to spend an extra $450 a month on gas for me to drive 100 miles a day to Portland!! I don’t even have to get on the freeway to get to my new work. Everyone I have met there so far is very motivated and positive, I am looking forward to joining the team! :)

Ella is 9 months old today. She has her 9 month exam on Tuesday the 26th. (I will update everyone on her weight & length after that)
Boy has our poor little girl been through a lot. Monday night I took her to the doctor and she had an ear infection (her 2nd). So they put her on antibiotics. After 24 hours of those antibiotics she started getting really sick. She was vomiting and having horrible diarrhea 24/7. She started eating less, wouldn’t even take milk or pedialite and started getting very dehydrated. Cody was home with her Tuesday afternoon, Grandma Sherie was home with her Wednesday and then Wednesday afternoon she went back to the doctor because she was not improving. The doctor checked her out and they found she now had a double ear infection. He was concerned about her reaction with the oral antibiotics so he approved for her to get an antibiotic shot (it’s a 10 day treatment in one big needle). Boy did that hurt!! :( After they gave her the burning shot…. They observed her for 15 minutes for an allergic reaction. Once her crocodile tears dried up and she got snuggles from Grandma Sherie, she was fine.

Today (Thursday) I spent the morning with her (pictures & a video below) and she seems a lot better. She is taking her normal full feeds, the vomiting stopped and the diarrhea was significantly reduced. She should feel much better tonight. Poor girl! :( So mommy headed to work and Ella is spending the afternoon with Auntie (& nurse) Kristiina :) Hopefully we will have some calm weeks in our future…. These last 4 weeks have been a blur! Welcome to parenthood and a high maintenance baby!!




In her crib video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq3RgMaK2e8

Tissue Paper Video (from last weekend):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2HyndGfPYw&NR=1

No comments:

Post a Comment